Running a successful Festival involves a lot of work - whilst the Festival is on and during the rest of the year. We have a wonderful team of volunteers, but we can always use more help.
If you’d like to lend a hand we’d be pleased to hear from you. Whether it’s only a few hours once a year, or a larger involvement - it all helps. Below are some of the things that have to be done. If you’d like to talk about being involved, please get in touch. Contact details below.
- Programme note writing
- Managing concerts and events
- Talent spotting, programme planning
- Artist liaison
- Writing reviews
Before the Festival
- Distributing leaflets and brochures to local outlets, and topping them up
- Checking drafts of the brochure, programme notes etc
- Occasional local transport and deliveries
During the Festival
- Ushering during concerts; taking tickets, showing people to their seats
- Helping the box office manager
- Helping with ‘stage management’; lighting, sound equipment, candles, moving chairs, etc
- Helping look after artists during rehearsals and performances
- Providing food for artists
- Picking up artists from stations
- Putting up artists overnight
- Selling CDs at concerts
- Collecting concert information for the Performing Rights Society
More general support
- Photography: taking Festival pictures and dealing with artist photos
- Providing occasional help to the Treasurer; banking cheques, etc
- Helping with publicity, marketing, communications:
- Preparing the brochure, draft flyers and leaflets
- Updating or design of the website
- Press and media publicity, PR
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Getting our events on to internet listing sites
- Helping with IT, the Internet, programming skills, etc
- Working with the Programme Committee to help implement the programme
- Helping the fund-raising team to apply for grants and raise sponsorship
- Organising and co-ordinating, administrating, progress-chasing
Friends of Little Missenden Festival
One of the best ways of supporting the Festival is to join the Friends. As a registered charity (no
266028), income tax is recoverable on all subscriptions. Membership entitles Friends to priority booking and provides financial support for the Festival, without which we could not afford to commission new works, or to run such high quality programming in our small venues.
Future concerts and other aspects of the Festival can be sponsored by individuals or organisations.
Again this helps us maintain the high standards for which the Festival is known.
If you would be willing to help in any of these ways, please contact us by email or post:
Post: Little Missenden Festival, 30 Church Street, Chesham, HP5 1HU